Sunday, October 12, 2008

Random Things About Me

My new blog friend Tonya had a list of Random things about her and I thought it would be a neat post for myself as well. I've met so many new, wonderful blog friends and it's always good to get to know each other more and more! So here are some Random things about ME!!

1. My parents were married at the tender age of 16 and 17 and they are still married to this day!! They have been married for 28 years!! That is so wonderful to me and I'm thankful for them everyday!!

2. I loved to be the center of attention as a child and I did not like it one bit when my sister was born and I was mean to her until I became an adult!! I know that sounds harsh, but its the truth and she would be quick to share some horror stories about me I'm sure! But we are very close now and I love her to death!! Oh yea, and I have apologized for all of those horrible things I did!

3. In school, I participated in gymnastics, softball, and was also a member of the Pom squad! I was very active, although you sure wouldn't be able to tell now (10yrs later)! Speaking of school, my 10 year class reunion is next weekend! Man, I'm getting old!!

4. I love to take pictures, although I do not have a working camera (besides a video one) at the present moment which would explain my lack of recent picture posts!

5. I'm very sensitive and can cry at the drop of a hat! I cry when I'm happy, sad, mad, and for any other reason. I cry during movies, church, weddings, births, funerals, and at my kid's school events! I'm a big ol' baby and that pretty much sums that one up.

6. I love to cook, but I hate to clean! I'm not at all a neat freak. I'm actually very messy and always have been! I'm not organized at all! I definitely know I need to work on these things though, being I have 4 kids to clean up after! By the way, I do love doing laundry though, which is the only part of cleaning house that I enjoy!

7. I've always (since I was a little girl) wanted to be a mommy, which might explain me having 4 kids! My mom thinks I'm nuts! She never wanted more than 2 and was in shock everytime I came up pregnant! She always begged me to stop! I always got the "don't you know what causes that?" and the "don't you know how expensive kids are?" speech everytime!

8. I hate wearing makeup and I don't unless I feel it's absolutely neccessary! I'm a "no make up, t-shirt, flip-flop, ponytail" kind of girl for sure!

9. I love meeting new people on blogs! It's so neat to read about other people from around the world! I like to learn about other experiences! Some are very inspiring and help me to get through my own obstacles.

10. I love talk shows, reality shows, and lifetime movies...(which I cry when I watch those too!)

11. I had a wonderful life growing up! That all changed when I hit adult years. I have been through a lot in the last 10 years: marriage, divorce, 4 births, college (the whole 10 years to be exact!). I've been very poor, not knowing how I would make it. I've moved a countless amount of times. The last few months have been looking up: I graduated college (although I can not find a job yet!), found a nice house to live in, and most important: I turned back to the Lord!! That was the best choice I ever made! I know all the years of struggles would've been a lot easier if I would've turned to Him, but I didn't, I admit it. But now, I put everything in His hands! I pray and then pray somemore; I read the Word and read it some more! I talk about it with family and friends! So now, I don't get so depressed, I don't get as stressed out, I'm happier, I'm friendlier (is that a word?)!! I am so thankful for all my friends and family who have helped me through the years! And I am most thankful for God in my life! I am truly blessed!!

7 comments:

ash October 12, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

loved your about me.... i think im going to go do that now!! lol and anytime you need a babysitter let me know...i love kids and they dont bother me one bit...i hope yall have a great wk!!

Anonymous,  October 12, 2008 at 3:58 PM  

Keep up the good work! I pray for you and your family every morning during my quiet time. Hang in there.

Kelsey October 12, 2008 at 5:03 PM  

I've wanted to be a mom since I was little too! I actually want 5 kids...yeah I think I might be crazy.

Cute post, I liked it alot, I might do one myself!

Heidi @ Tayterjaq's Rebels October 12, 2008 at 6:32 PM  

I grew up an only child and I couldn't wait to have a ton of kids. I started out wanting 6 but I am happy with my four.
Both my parents think I am insane to have this many.

Avery Tales October 12, 2008 at 9:27 PM  

I love this post. You are an inspiration! It sounds like life hasn't been easy for you, but you continue to shine! Isn't God so good?

S.L.P October 12, 2008 at 9:35 PM  

God is so good! I get the comments from family members too...I think they're starting to realize that not only do I know what causes babies, I'm actually doing it for that reason;o)

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) October 12, 2008 at 10:52 PM  

This is a great post. I can relate to so many of them. It is so good that you are finding strength in the Lord. With him ALL things are possible.

Have a blessed night.

A little about me:

I enjoy reading other people's blogs, and I love getting comments from my readers! I just got a job and I'll update as I get more into the job scene! I am working hard to improve my daily walk with Christ, and gets lots of guidance in doing so from my church family and friends. Please feel free to "follow" me on my blog, to check out the happenings of my day to day life as a mom to 4!

Where You Can Find Me

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP