Thursday, October 9, 2008

10 Biggest Fears

I found a blog that gives a lists of prompts to choose from and you pick one or more of them and write your post! So I've decided to jump in and give it a try, especially since I don't really have anything to say today. So you can go to
Mama's Losin' It and get the details if you'd like to join. I picked "10 Biggest Fears", so here I go:

1. My children meeting the Lord before I do. I can't imagine losing a child and I've read many blogs about others who have and are very strong about it, but I don't know how I, personally, would be able to. So I definetly fear that.

2. I fear anybody not knowing Jesus! I really do have a strong fear for the people who don't know our God! It's very scary to me! Especially my own family and friends.

3. I fear car wrecks. This fear has been brought on at an even stronger level after all the car incidents that have happened here lately. But I've always thought about it. I can't help but think about everyday as I am driving down the road and watching people passing by!

4. A very big fear of mine also is: Public speaking. I have never been good at talking in front of a crowd! In college, my last semester, we had to do a presentation in which we all had to speak by ourselves...completely alone...up there in front of lots of people!! During practice for this presentation, I had a full blown panic attack and had to go outside. Luckily, the day of the presentation I was able to do mine...I wasn't very good at it..but there were no panic attacks, no passing out, no crying, etc. so I was relieved for that!

5. I fear not finding a career that I am truly satisified with. I want to wake up every morning and love what I do. I want to help others (I am a social work major after all). I think this fear is greater at the moment also, being I still haven't found a job at all, much less one that I love!

6. I fear my children not having satisfying, happy lives growing up. I want my children to be happy and have fun as they grow up. I don't want them to be depressed, teased, or fail at things they love to do! Life's too short not to enjoy it! So hopefully I will help my children to live happy lives. I also want them to grow up living for the Lord and knowing how important it is to serve Him.

7. At this present moment, I fear the election. I fear what will happen in this world after this election. I hope and pray that whomever is elected does this country justice. But for some reason, I have a very eerie, in my gut, feeling that things aren't going to go so well.

8. I fear closed in spaces. I do not like to feel trapped in any shape, form, or fashion. I don't like to be held down. I don't like to be closed in tight quarters. I have had panic attacks when situations like these have occurred and I just don't like it one stinkin' bit!

9. I fear heights. I fear when I am at great heights that I will fall and I think about that falling the whole time. So I prefer to not go to far above ground level if any way possible.

10. I fear snakes. I don't like snakes of any kind, even the ones that are green and harmless. I don't want anything to do with any of them and would prefer them to not get in my path. They are just plain creepy!!

So there they are...I'm sure I could think of more, but that's it for now! Join in if you'd like, I would love to read what others fear.

20 comments:

tiarastantrums October 9, 2008 at 12:47 PM  

1,2,6 & 7 - so with you on those!
Great post - I did fears as well.
Love the names of your children!

Weeksie50 October 9, 2008 at 2:29 PM  

Oh girl. We share many of the same fears.. I don't have children but if I did.. I would fear the same exact things you do..

I fear everyone not knowing Jesus also.. When people said they were afraid of dying I wanted to say.. You don't have to fear that.. but then I didn't so even though I fear people not knowing..I miss opportunities to share..

Great post..

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography October 9, 2008 at 2:35 PM  

i hate public speaking too...just the thought of having to stand up in front of a room full of people makes me sick!

jenn October 9, 2008 at 4:01 PM  

Well, you could have written this post for me! I fear every one of those things. Great list.

Michelle October 9, 2008 at 5:05 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I was in a goofy mood when I wrote them. I certainly share some of your serious fears!

I also hate public speaking. I was the PTA board for 5 years and would have to run meetings with a large audience......I hated that!!!!

Anonymous,  October 9, 2008 at 6:04 PM  

I totally am with you on the one about your friends and family not being believers. That tears me up, too.

Jen October 9, 2008 at 6:56 PM  

I totally fear snakes. Even little tiny garden snakes. I scream and run when I see one.

Kelsey October 9, 2008 at 7:26 PM  

I fear the election and snakes too!
I would agree with you on the others, but I don't have kids yet. Although I would be devastated if my 3 yr old "sister" met the Lord anytime soon.

Michelle October 9, 2008 at 8:40 PM  

Ooo, you got some good ones that I forgot! My wee ones dying before me ... that one I can't even focus on to think aobut. And the election will be bad, regardless of who wins. It will be a one term president, and I don't know where the nadir is. *sigh* Thanks for joining me!

Jenni October 9, 2008 at 8:59 PM  

I think about the car thing every time I drive too. And a lot of the others too. I try not to think of the things I fear too often because I will obsess and stress about them.

Thanks for coming by and for the compliment.

ash October 10, 2008 at 12:26 AM  

i liked reading your fears... hear are a few of my fears... being alone, spiders, snakes, rejection, house catching on fire( i sleep in full clothes and shoes beside my bed)ugh i hate that too... i dont fear lost souls but i fear that i dont pay close enough attention to peoples need to know the lord....fear failing, not being able to have kids, and i guess i could go on and on.... i just love the stuff you get into on your blog....i cant wait to see what tomorrow brings!!!

Us October 10, 2008 at 7:25 AM  

I'm with you on several of your fears! Ugh! Especially the fear for non believers...so sad! All we can do is pray....

Weeksie50 October 10, 2008 at 8:32 AM  

I think you might be the only one who paid attention.. I like to do that sometimes.. I know it's horrible..but a lot of times I read the comments and I think did these people even read my blog..lol. Thank you for the Birthday Wishes! You are so sweet!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) October 10, 2008 at 10:02 AM  

Thanks for sharing, I have a few of the same fears.

Have a great day.

LazyCrazyMama October 10, 2008 at 10:55 AM  

Great list of fears!! I agree with many of them! :)

Amie October 10, 2008 at 11:12 PM  

Jennifer..

We share many of the same fears. Sometimes I freak out a little bit if Jeff hugs me too tight. Gotta know I can get out. lame,eh? And traffic jams cause me serious anxiety.What if I can't get out. And heights.. and my kids.. almost all of them. and I think I might have blogged a while back about my public speaking experience. Definitly not something I plan on doing again. ever. IF I can help it!

Thanks for sharing. Fun to get to know you better!
:)
AMie

Casey's trio October 10, 2008 at 11:33 PM  

Thanks for stopping by our blog and saying hello. I can relate to many of the fears you listed.

KatBouska October 11, 2008 at 12:45 AM  

Number two is a great one and one that I haven't heard yet. So true. My brother once said he believe Jesus is the equivalent to Santa Claus.

Shudder. It kills me that he thinks that way!!

Tonya October 11, 2008 at 10:13 PM  

Girlfriend, I'm RIGHT WITH YOU on ALL of those! ESPECIALLY someone not knowing JESUS. That's always the first thing I think when someone dies. I wonder if they KNEW HIM.

Your list shows what a kind, caring person you are. I'm so thankful to have met you. =-)

He & Me + 3 October 12, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

Wow...we have alot of the same fears. I would have to say 9 out of 10 no doubt, if not all. Great post...really got them talking & thinking. I am super scared about the election too. All we can do is pray & do our part to vote.

A little about me:

I enjoy reading other people's blogs, and I love getting comments from my readers! I just got a job and I'll update as I get more into the job scene! I am working hard to improve my daily walk with Christ, and gets lots of guidance in doing so from my church family and friends. Please feel free to "follow" me on my blog, to check out the happenings of my day to day life as a mom to 4!

Where You Can Find Me

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP